First, we installed styrofoam type panels inside each of the beams. There is not an attic in this part of the house and the ceilings are so high. The heat rises and it is hot up there!
He ran 1x2s on each side of the beams and we cut the styrofoam pieces to fit in between each beam, leaving about a two/three inch gap. Zach came out and was a lifesaver helping with this. He is tall and it helped because he had to reach way up to get to the very top of the peak!
Rick then installed strips of wood that would hold up the planks. And at every intersection of each beam, he had to shim each one. This was a tedious job to say least!
Glad this wasn't my job! Meanwhile, I began getting the planks stained and ready. Pin It Now!